Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Sarah's 5th Birthday gift

 

This is my Sarah's birthday gift.  No it isn't done just yet.  I ran out of the 2000 yards of thread and had to reorder.  I didn't want to use a different brand or size, afraid after multiple washing one my yellow or something.  But, this is my 2nd quilt, but, my 1st applique quilt.

I love it because all the applique pieces are "puffy", with something called a faux trampunto technique, not hard just tedious.

I got the pattern online (free) from a lady in Malaysia.  But, their beds are bigger width wise then here in the US.  So I had to readjust some of the dimensions.  So the main scene was didn't "fall off" the bed.  Plus my 3 girls all have a "bug".  Sarah's bug is a dragonfly.  So I took out some lady bugs and added a dragonfly.  Plus the Malaysian quilt said "Secret Garden" at the top of hers.  Which I LOVE!!.  But, to make it special I put "Sarah's Garden".  I let my daughter pick out the colors (mostly, the white ladybug she wanted would have been too camouflaged, haha).

Please excuse the unfinished mural on the wall.  I started it to get my mind off my pain a few years ago, pain went away, but, I had an "oopsie" and got pregnant.  Haven't picked it back up.  Plan on finishing this summer though.

If you want to see her quilt blog or whatever, here is the link to the pattern Secret Garden.  If you want to know dimensions for this quilt to adjust for the US sized twin email me I'll help you too.


Have a wonderful day!  I'm off to read with my babies. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment