Monday, April 7, 2014

Rainy Day made for a Stressful Day

You would think with 7 kids by now I'd be used to crying jags.

But, I had to walk away.  The baby was screaming so loud.  I put him in the crib early for bed (7:15).  He is on antibiotics for his 1st ear infection and round of strep.

While he was screaming.  My 2 year old takes a scented marker and marks on our new couches.  Just replaced a 35 year old set.  When the boyscouts came over and I had to apologize for the duct tape on the couches it was one thing.  But, when our neighbor comes over and cuts herself on one of the many brad nails that were coming out.  That was it.  So with our tax return, we said forget waiting for our kids to get potty trained.  We need "disposable" couches, we got the Bobkona off Amazon $550 +tax.  Honestly I didn't expect to like them that much.  But, they've grown on me.  Even though I can feel every spring in the cushions, there are no brad nails to worry about. :)

 Off to make my youngest daughters quilt for her 5th Birthday.  Less then a month away now.  For some reason I chose an ambitious one.  Why?  I have no idea.  This is my 2nd quilt ever, and I chose one that was a free pattern on the internet.  I'll post pictures later.

*******************************************************************************
Me - I didn't have dinner last night.  I made my pancreas angry by having 2 Reece eggs after an average fat content lunch.   I didn't think about it until after I had them.  I have a thing for Reece eggs/tree/pumpkins.  I forgot I already had one.  So my back was hurting.  I altered my pro-Atkins type diet to a high carb diet....only because if it is low fat typically they added sugar to "fluff" it up.  And only fats bother me right now.
I saw the surgeons notes about my condition.  He has a "strong feeling" I will need the surgery real soon.  But, he was happy that I could keep my pain at bay by eating low to no fat diet.  So I choose frozen fat free yogurt for my kids birthday parties, and I substitute chips for carrots with my sandwich.  But, at what point do I say, I really want to be able to enjoy cooking and eating pot roast with my family again?

I got so scared again today, I made myself sick.  Those stupid stones are getting bigger and bigger.  Wish they were kidney stones like they originally said.  Not that I want those at all.  But, the outcome is so less scary at least for me.  

Please Father give me strength and wisdom to know what to eat.  Thank you for the days I have already had with my kids, even the stressful ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment