Thursday, April 3, 2014

Z-man feeding baby brother, and my surgery is paused.



 It took him 8 months.  But, my 2 year old has finally warmed up to his baby brother.  My heart melts watching him take care of this little guy.   That would be my 6th, 2 year old we've had in this house.  HE is the only one that gets to me.  I love him but, WOW!  We either get "Terrific 2s" then they switch and we get "Fierce 4s", or we get "Terrible Twos" and "Friendly Fours".

#1 -  He is obsessed with the bathroom, and not in a potty training way.  He loves to turn the water on, in the sink or tub, turn off the lights, lock to door, and shut it behind him.
#2 - He has colored my walls with permanent marker.
#3 - Put shaving cream all over the bathroom floor.
#4 - Scissors, good grief, the one has some crazy fetish with scissors.  We put them high up and he'll get a chair and find them.  He cuts his clothes, hair, the dog's hair, tried to go for his sisters hair.  Cut daddy's shoe laces.  My least favorite.  Cut his baby brothers play yard netting (bigger then a Pack n' Play).  I was SO mad at that one.
#5 - The yuckiest thing he does.  Once he found the dog drinking out of the toilet (gross right).  Well, he goes to the kitchen, grabs a cup dips it in the potty, and you guessed it.  Drinks up.  It took us months and months to stop him from finding random cups/bowls/spoons/toys, even using his hands to play then sucking it up!!!

If you think this might be some sort of attention grabbing thing.  It is either because you've not had a 2 year old in a while, and you forget how curious and stubborn they are.  Or you really don't know our family and the great lengths we go to make sure our kids are given lots of individual attention.  Or both. :)

*******************************************************************************
Me - I went down to the Mayo clinic to talk to the doctor about my pancreas surgery.  It makes me want to hurl sometimes even writing down that word.  I am so scared of leaving my children and my husband.  The surgeon says he wants to pause the surgery (for now).   So far the theory, the first attack happened because of a virus that attacked my pancreas and gave the pink slip to my husbands appendix.  I'm so mad too, they assured me up and down my pain was caused by my gall bladder (which my right side NEVER hurt).  They ran millions of tests on it (or so it seems).  Took it out.  Guess what gall bladder was in excellent health.  Now I just have to feel back pain every time I eat more then about 2 Fun Sized Snickers at one time.  I have to wait to be taking a narcotic and my pancreas to be dying before they will operate.  I'm so tired of watching my fat intake.  When I could eat fat I didn't as much and maintained my weight so much easier.  Now everything fat free is loaded with carbs.  Such a balancing act.


Till next time.  Live Long and Prosper! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment